Friday 10 August 2012

Review- 17 Blow Out Mascara

Last week while browsing through Boots, I spotted that 17 had a new mascara on offer, the Blow Out Volumise Sculpt Tease Mascara which promised x12 volume. It also came with a free Blow Out Jumbo Eyliner in Blackest Black. The mascara was £6.29 and with a free eyeliner too, I felt it would be rude to say no to that!
The mascara tube, it's quite bulky

The mascara with the jumbo eyeliner

Me with no make up

After applying the mascara and eyeliner

I must start out by saying my eyes have actually been really sensitive recently but I have had no problem with this mascara and eyeliner which is really good as my MAC Zoom Lash was causing my eyes to sting and water, making the rest of my make up run, and that was becoming a massive pain in the ass. It does really lengthen you lashes and and makes them stand out but I do feel my lashes aren't as thick looking as I would like them too but on the whole I a pretty happy with my purchase. The only problem I have is I found the wand to be a bit big, which made doing my lower lashes tricky. The eyeliner is nice and soft which makes application very easy, but again the size of the product means it produces a very thick line which doesn't give you a very subtle look so I would avoid if heavy black eyeliner is not your thing. As for repurchasing, I would definitely consider buying the Mascara again for the length it delivers but I don't think the eyeliner will be making a reappearance.

What mascara are you guys currently hooked on?

6 comments:

  1. It seems like a really good mascara, your eyelashes look well defined.
    I've been loving on and off my Givenchy Phenomen Mascara, the brush is so different. I recommend it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good for the price! You've got such lovely naturally long lashes it's so hard to tell! I've been using Lancome Doll Eyes for ages now, on the hunt for something new!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, check out the post http://brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been in Boots for months, been trying to save money and know if I step in there I'll buckle and spend a fortune! The big brush puts me off this, with small eyes and lashes, I prefer smaller more precise brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear btw I just moved to a new blog! please check out my blog and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete